KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Smiles across the globe...


These Valentines from India brought big smiles, thanks for the joy to our hearts.


Thanks Bill, these were from a business trip to Kiev, Ukraine


Thanks Chan for the lovely letter and good luck panda, Jing Jing

We also received a card from a former Brookridge student now an Air Force family stationed in Hohenfelse, Germany.


Owl be your friend in Roeland Park, Kansas

Thank you San Diego, CA Pathfinders for the Care package and Santa Fe Trail Elementary, KS first graders for the cards..


Oreo, walking by to say hello. She likes to jump on Mason's lap while he is playing computer games.


A tough start this morning as Mason's voice hurts to speak. But feeling a little better after some Captain Crunch and blueberries. Last night he struggled but asked, "What is Ally doing for her birth day?" I just smiled and said may be we can go to Build a bear? Mason always thinking ahead, but this morning fear grows in our hearts. It's been there just waiting to surface.

The other night a vivid dream still plays in my mind, I gazed up at a humongous tree but, instead of buds; it was Full of wasps nests ( wasps waiting to be hatched). I woke up amazed how it fit the day; we can not prepare or escape their stings.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish we could take the stings for you. This road your traveling is very difficult to say the least. We can only show our love and support for you and your family. God will have to take care of the rest. Including the stings that attack your heart. The world is praying, for you, Mason and your family.

Amy said...

Hi Andria,
So hard to hear of your struggles because we can do nothing but hope, pray, tell you that we are there for you, love you... What we really want to do is fix everything and can't...Thank you for your continued honesty about the hardest thing you will ever go through.

Unknown said...

Keeping you close to my heart- everyday. Praying for your family. Love you guys so much. You have taught us all so much about faith and courage- You have taught your family and the rest of us when we are afraid of falling, if we hold on to our faith, we can stand or learn to fly.

“When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly”- Patrick Overton

Anonymous said...

Andria, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Jayden's mom. Jayden made the Steeler's sign for Mason and we brought it over on Super Bowl Sunday.

Anyway, we live a few blocks from you and I try to get out and walk each evening (weather permitting). I know you have a million and one things going on, but if you ever want to take a 15-20 minute walk with me, I'd love the company. If you'd like to reach me, please email me at ldewey@ftj.com and I'll send you my phone number.

Thank you for your posts. You and your family are incredible.

Praying for you all each and every day.

Lucretia

Melinda said...

Always thinking and praying for you guys. Like others have said, there are so many of us around the WORLD that would gladly take the stings for you & your family - feel helpless that we can't. Just know how much you are all loved and supported. Hold onto your faith and may it bring you peace and comfort when the wasps are swarming. ++++

Anonymous said...

No human words for your pain......praying....

Anonymous said...

Have you talked to and prepared Ally and Maverick about the future? Just so worried that everything seems about Mason, that these two little souls should be prepared and spoken to about it. Has Mason been baptized? I pray and hope to God more than anything that he has.

Anonymous said...

Andria and Eddie,
While we can not imagine what you're going through, please know you're not alone. My family and our friends (and friends of those friends) think about you daily. I am sent emails regularly asking if there's any more we can do for you guys. I wish we lived closer so we could help out more.

Give all three kids a hug and kiss from us and know that we're all here for you.

Svetlana said...

Andria, sometimes when I see you at the preschool I don't know what to say and not sound stupid. Yesterday, you asked me how I was doing and I asked the same thing back. That was just an automatic response to that question. Your response was a sad look and all I could say is "yes, I know". You probably thought, "how does she know?" You are right, I can't possibly know but I am sure each day is a struggle to be strong for your family while on the inside you just want to yell and cry. When you were picking up Ally from school I came up to your car and saw sweet Mason in the front seat, I wanted to give him a hug but didn't want to impose. Each day I check your blog to see how your family is doing.

Anonymous said...

Svetlana says it all for those of you that do not know what to say. Confronting a family in this situation with a simple how are you, is very sweet and very much appropriate, ignoring their plight is not. Andria knows everyone cares about them and has the heart to let us all know daily - that is a very strong woman. So acknowledging her and the family is actually probably appreciated, I know when I was in their shoes - it helped, I hated it when people did not know what to say. A simple I am sorry is also a welcomed acknowledgement. Stay strong Kempf family!