KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feeling the LOVE from Mother Nature


HAPPY BIRTHDAY Maverick!! Look how much you've grown! And another snow day tomorrow. Mason and Maverick had fun playing Poptropica and various video games today. Ally pretended she was a Fireside girl all day. ( from Phineas and Ferb) She earned patches all day long and made her own sash, see picture below. She even earned a Kitchen badge for helping mom with the dishes.


Can you believe it? Our mail man arrived on time today, as I yelled out to thank him, he said, "I had to make sure Mason got his valentines" Mason received some really cool ones, but the most special were the ones from Brookridge Elementary; his 4th grade class. The smile on his face lit up. It's been so long since he has been in school but those Valentines really meant a lot!! Ally posed with Mason's Valentine from a 2 year old in Wichita, Kansas. (See below) And we received the most awesome magnet collection from a couple in Lee's Summit, MO who have traveled to 48 of the United States. I would love to be able to buy their ticket to Hawaii. Thanks to Girl Scout Troop 1654 from Leavenworth, KS . It was also fun to receive a card from Honeoye Falls, NY. I want to extend our gratitude to everyone that has sent a Valentine or asked their friends and family to spread the word. This project could not have happened without YOU!! I only wish I could thank each and everyone personally, the smiles are forever cherished. We also got 2 cards from New Hampshire today. It looks like Vermont may be our toughest state? Wyoming and Delaware are also left. It's hard to believe as our US map keeps filling up with heart stickers.

As we celebrated Maverick's birthday today, it once again made me think about how fast time goes. Maverick's already looking forward to moving out and playing for the KC Chiefs.

Mason looks more tired today his cheeks were red all day. It was hard for Mason to hold up his head while eating birthday cake, but instead of complaining, he smiled. He smiled. My insides cried. Everyone else left the table and it was just Mason and I. It was too quiet, I could see Mason fighting inside. All I could do is hug him and this time I could not hold back tears.
It is amazing all the LOVE all around;I am overwhelmed with emotion. As I whispered to Mason if I could only have one wish...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Mav had a great birthday...
God Bless you mailman!!!
Ashley and Drew love Poptropica too!!!

Thanks again for all you share with us Andria. Our love for you and your entire family grows with every word you write.

LOVE YOU
Carrie

kim said...

Andria I whisper to you, "If I had just one wish...." We are praying for you. Peace, Kim and the Brood

Unknown said...

As always, thinking of you. Prayers and hugs for you all. We love you guys so much.

Jenny said...

My family & I are praying for you & Mason everyday. We sent 3 cards & some oreos from MN on Monday :) Hopefully you rec'd them or will very soon! Take care ......

Anonymous said...

Just this morning learned about Mason's situation as well as the love you are surrounded with. Please know that my prayers and hugs are with you all as well! When I forwarded the email, I also sent a note/special request to my friend in Vermont, so hopefully . . .

Anonymous said...

I dropped in the mail on Tuesday and Wednesday cards and some fun things for Mason and your two little ones. I can't imagine how your entire family is affected by this. I promise you your family has been in my prayers every day. Best wishes and prayers from Pittsburgh PA.

Anonymous said...

How does one family go through 151 pieces of mail in 1 evening? Those must be fun filled nights! Remember these special moments. And Laugh. Much love to you.

Nelda said...

Just found your blog. Does he need a Hawaii magnet? I do have one although it is not state-shaped. It is rectangular but I can send it. Got it on my trip to Hawaii. neldacnm at yahoo

Anonymous said...

Praying

Anonymous said...

Wyoming card is coming