KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Monday, January 10, 2011

A tiger Losing its Stripes

'
Tacos bring a smile!! Mason is craving tacos in the morning, day and night. We stocked up on tacos and chocolate milk anticipating snow. Mixed feelings again as the snow piles up. Sledding may not be an option. But we have our own sledding hill, if a spark of interest exists. The hill, our Christmas magic refuses to melt away. Everyday it seems the list of 2010 accomplishments fades. Each day something new gets erased. It's like a tiger losing its stripes. This morning all is quiet; after a long sleepless night. Mason woke up thirsty and then struggled to tell me something. I reached for the communication device after a stream of tears. He typed "Sommtninng Smeels. And then he fell asleep. Frustration in the air, and fear for the day communication may be lost. I laid awake last night listening to his raspy breathing. Even thinking about unimportant things like, Mason never misspells a word. I wrote pages and pages about everything and how perfect his life has been until now. The tumor will grow and upon return, it's rapid. But please, do not ask a time-frame, only God can answer that. Laughter still plays an important role in our day, sneaking in when needed most, Mason's laugh truly is the best medicine. He has refused any pain meds, even simple Ibuprofen. He usually closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep. As I pray sweet dreams consume him.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you all morning as the snowflakes tumble down. Hope Mason is able to enjoy even a few moments of their cool kisses on his cheeks! Praying for comfort for all of you!

redrogers said...

Thinking of you all, in this beautiful snow, hoping its softness can lift your heart a little. Semie, Tom and Rowan

Anonymous said...

hold on to all those wonderful memories of 2010 and all the other years we have been blessed with Mason. I remember the day he was born like it were yesterday. On Grandma D's birthday. A gift from God. This boy who has taught us all so much in the past year. About love, hope, joy and laughter. He has impacted more people on his journey than most people will ever do in a full lifetime. I truly believe he was sent to you as a gift from God to teach all of us life lessons...he completed his mission!

Love and comfort to all of you!!!

Carrie

Melinda said...

I know I am a different person because of what you, Mason and your entire family have gone through and what you have shared with all of us. You have touched a lot of lives by opening up your heart....I have thought of Mason all day long as I have watched the snow coming down. I have a feeling every time it snows from now on I will think of him. Normally I am outside shoveling the snow and complaining about having an aching back. This year I am outside looking at the beauty of the snow and grateful to be healthy enough to shovel. I hope he can go outside for a while today to see the beauty of this day. Thoughts and hugs to you
Melinda

Unknown said...

Melinda said it ALL! Ditto to what she said!! Love you guys, and hugs to you. I hope today the cold snowflakes can warm everyone's souls.

Misic Family said...

My wish for you today is laughter and smiles. I hope the magical sledding hill now covered with a fresh layer brings a few more laughs and smiles to your family.

I don't know how you have managed so far to always come up with the perfect words to softly describe what you are all are going through. I hope you know how much all you have shared means to everyone you touch with your elequent words. You inspire everyone who is blessed to know you.
Love Always,
Melissa, Zoran, Aubrey, Zach & Zaylee

Unknown said...

Praying for you all with love... kowing God has a plan that is being fulfilled right before our eyes. We may never fully understand... but through this we are all learning and loving more.

I pray God holds each one of you so close you can feel His heart beat.

XOXO,
Susan M.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for your beautiful boy. He's touched so many lives already; his smile is contagious and his eyes are wise beyond his years. You and Mason are truly an inspiration to us all.

KT said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. So many of us are thinking of you. I think many here have already said it better. We hope these next snowy days are happy ones.

Katie

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you...You are such a strong woman/mom. Mason is a beautiful child and person. I am so sorry all this is happening to him, you, and your family and friends that love you all so much. You have been courageous; far more than I could ever be, faced with the same struggles you face on a daily basis. There are no words that I can say to comfort you. I just want you to know that you are NOT alone...so many are ready, willing and able to help. Just tell us what we can do to make things a little easier for you...

kim said...

See now you know why I should have stuck to my plan. Act as if everything is "normal" :-)! Andria, please know I am going back to plan A. Thank you for sharing your words with us. You have such a way with words. You make them take on a new meaning. You are simply amazing ans so is Eddie, Maverick, Ally and of course our dear dear Mason.

As Susan said, "May you feel God's heartbeat." My Grandmother used to paraphrase a verse from Romans. "Pray for courage. Courage will bring you character. Character will make your faith strong. And Faith will get you through lifes trials and enjoy life more deeply." I pray this prayer for you (and for myself) and your family.

Peace,
Kim