What is a Wiscurzoo? They are invading our house!! It all began with a drawing and then an idea and the Wiscurzoo was born. Maverick created his first 15 before school started this summer. The reason, to honor Mason and a desire to help Make a Wish®, Cure for Cancer and the KC Zoo. After finding out about an upcoming craft fair, Maverick has been busy cutting, sewing, and stuffing. Mom and dad have been helping too. By the way, I do not sew, Mimi is the one that passed her sewing skills to Maverick. Ally shares her input too, she's the official Hug tester. It started with various different designs, but for now 2 of the designs have been in production. Ally's favorite is Maverick's very first one, no longer neglected after being stitched on the wrong side. She named it Gummi Bear. Every night before bed she snuggles it close and feels safe protected from monsters. Maverick is selling each for $6, with $5 going directly to Make-A-Wish Foundation Seasons of Wishes® in memory of Mason. Once again we will have a Season of Wish® tree and of course our Christmas lighting dedicated to Mason. So many ideas and events in the upcoming months, so keep checking back.
Below is a sneak peek at some Wiscurzoos, they are soft, lovable and all for a cause. If you are feeling blue, got the flu, just don't know what to do.... Squeeze a Wiscurzoo!
Many Links of Mason
- Mason's Legacy Continues December 2011
- Make a Difference for Mason-facebook
- Lights, Stripes, and SNOW-facebook
- Heartland Lions Eye Bank Article
- Brookridge BBQ video-facebook (2010)
- Magic of Christmas-Youtube
- 2010 Summer Memories-Youtube
- Channel 9 News Valentines for Mason
- Channel 41 Valentines for Mason
- Fox 4 News Keeping Mason's Memory Alive
- Dynamite Video - Youtube