A heavy sigh on my heart, a numbness throughout. A phone call today letting me know Kimberly had passed away in July. Kimberly, I met on the most important day of my life. Not only did I meet her for the first time, but she chose us. She is the reason we became mom and dad. She was Mason's birth mom. Words can not explain, unless you have adopted a child. She holds a special place in our hearts that is indescribable, she is a true angel. We will always be thankful for her. I wrote letters and sent pictures throughout Mason's journey, never knowing she may be on her own journey of courage.
When Mason was eight years old he asked about his birth mom, all I could share is a Kodak picture and the story of his birth. Sharing the moment we became mom and dad, the miraculous and best day of our life. I could barely hold him with my shaking knees and pounding heart. A connection like no other. His first night we never left his sight as we watched his every twitch and move. We drove straight home the next day; never a more prouder mom and dad. Mason smiled, he always knew he was adopted; and how God made us family. It didn't matter to him. He felt the love. Mason's only comment, "Why isn't she smiling in the photo?" I explained, she was saying good-bye. But, she chose us to take care of you." Rest in peace Kimberly, you've always been an angel to us.
Many Links of Mason
- Mason's Legacy Continues December 2011
- Make a Difference for Mason-facebook
- Lights, Stripes, and SNOW-facebook
- Heartland Lions Eye Bank Article
- Brookridge BBQ video-facebook (2010)
- Magic of Christmas-Youtube
- 2010 Summer Memories-Youtube
- Channel 9 News Valentines for Mason
- Channel 41 Valentines for Mason
- Fox 4 News Keeping Mason's Memory Alive
- Dynamite Video - Youtube