KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank you TEAM!




WOW! What a weekend. Head for the Cure was so uplifting!! Thank you everyone for your support!! WHAT A TEAM!!!
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Eddie and I learned a lot about organizing a team and will be even better prepared for next year.
At the start of the race, I took a trip down memory lane; picturing last year's race with Mason by my side. This year I was determined to run at least a mile. As the race started, green balloons filled the air from our team. A tradition I hope to continue each year. Tears to my eyes as I could hardly believe Mason's song "I've Gotta Feeling" played when the walk started. It was a moment my mom will never forget as she was waiting for a sign to release her balloon. Mason was there with us all. My goal was to run the first mile, but I finished the entire 3 mile race, stopping a few times to catch my breath. It felt so GOOD to RUN!! I have not run 3 miles in at least 5 years or more. Mason was there by my side!! Thank you everyone for providing me strength today.
We already are anticipating next year's race!! We hope to see you all again next year. Thanks to those that ran, walked, cheered and volunteered. We could not have done it without you.
You are Team Make a Difference for MASON! We made a difference. We thank you again for being a part of this special day. I didn't get a chance to thank everyone individual, it meant the world to us you were there. It's an emotional morning viewing pictures from the race. For you Mason! These were just a few of the balloons released at the start. Some carried special tags, "this balloon was sent in Memory of Mason,Head for Cure 5K" Right before we got the helium for the balloons, a letter arrived addressed with a special tag from the March balloon release. A hug to our hearts and a must to tag the balloons for Race Day.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I was so proud to be able to be a part of Mason's team! The event was overwhelming! I didn't make it to the end of the finish line, but I think I walked the length looking for my parking lot! Mason and Chloe had to be laughing a bit as I made my way around that beautiful complex! Thank you for all you do and inspiring all of us to work at "making a difference".

Kristen's mom said...

I am making a video for childhood cancer awareness and I was wondering if I could use a picture of Mason. I can get it off your blog if you don't mind.
Thanks, Polly