Many Links of Mason
- Mason's Legacy Continues December 2011
- Make a Difference for Mason-facebook
- Lights, Stripes, and SNOW-facebook
- Heartland Lions Eye Bank Article
- Brookridge BBQ video-facebook (2010)
- Magic of Christmas-Youtube
- 2010 Summer Memories-Youtube
- Channel 9 News Valentines for Mason
- Channel 41 Valentines for Mason
- Fox 4 News Keeping Mason's Memory Alive
- Dynamite Video - Youtube
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Back to School
Yesterday was the first day of school. It was a hard "first" for us, as we all remember how much Mason loved school. Go ahead scroll down and look at the picture of Mason with Rex, that was the first day of school last year. He loved school. The above picture is Mason's first day of kindergarten, there was nothing holding him back. He was like Superman, full speed ahead!! Just ahead the crosswalk where Mason, a third grader, stopped and told me, "Mom I have double vision" Upon explanation he said, "I can see 2 stop signs." The same crosswalk, we crossed and headed home after visiting the school nurse.
Yesterday as we headed to school, I tagged along with Maverick for the first day. Rain fell from the sky, it felt refreshing on our heads, and the dark skies seemed to match our moods. There was a cold sting that hit my heart as I glanced ahead to the crosswalk. We walked across so naturally as we have so many times before. Maverick, a fourth grader, and sister Ally, a soon to be preschooler. There was a tiger following our footprints; we will always remember our forever fourth grader as we venture to a new school year.
I was overjoyed to hear Maverick had a great first day. He proudly wore a Tiger shirt. Today he hopped on his bike and rode off to school, full speed ahead.