KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A hug from Heaven


Tonight my heart is at peace, I actually can not sleep but instead of weeping there is amazing love inside my heart. Thank you family and friends for celebrating Mason's life with us. I know there are many people wondering how we kept it together. I actually wondered the same thing. I thought, it was Ally distracting me during the service, she kept me from hearing the parts I would break down. But as I lie awake, I feel peace, I truly believe Mason was there giving me strength, whispering in my ear, "Celebrate". Twice the Sunday before I sobbed when I heard "Our God". During the celebration the words cried out , "Our God is Healer" Those same words I kept telling Mason. Remembering that same Sunday Mason miraculously nodded to stop as the radio station played "Our God". That was the first he ever heard that song. Yesterday at the Celebration, I could sing, I could feel the words deep in my heart. Mason gave me strength, he was there. And I felt so proud. Even in heaven he was reaching down hugging me in my time of need. And during the slide show all I could see was his smile, all those wonderful memories we shared. I could feel the LOVE from everyone there, and even those unable to be there, you somehow were there with us. Mason you brought us all together, I could SEE the lives you touched. From the gentleman I never met but just had to be there, to the many friends and family, thank you again for sharing in Mason's celebration. Sure our hearts will never be the same, there are times dark clouds will invade, times of unbearable heart ache; as I see his scooter in the corner, or the awkwardness of our empty home. Before we closed our eyes last night we each shared something we missed about Mason. Maverick immediately answered, "he taught me to be good and kept things organized, remember he couldn't even talk mom but he would point if something was out of place." Ally could not wait to share as she kept poking me and finally said, " I love you Mason, I miss you Mason, you funny, laugh at me..I miss Mason's fart." An echo of laughter followed as we could only smile. Thank you from the hug from heaven Mason. You forever live in our dreams and in our hearts. Have another red, red strawberry for me. Please follow the link below to leave a message for Mason. http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/DignityMemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=mason-kempf&pid=149813417&page=2
This "Mason" balloon kept smiling at me during the Celebration.

6 comments:

Tia said...

And what a beautiful celebration it was. It was very nicely put, so many people were there to help celebrate his life, it was really a beautiful day. It was my first time meeting you Andria and I am so glad I did, you and your family were exceptionally strong yesterday. Like you said I am sure it was Mason reminding you that it was a celebration and to celebrate. May you and your family continue to find peace on your journey.
I wanted to share this song with you, I am going to write the lyrics, but if you get a chance look it up and listen, it is called Afterwhile by Kirk Franklin. While Mason was fighting his fight I played this song over and over and thought about him...
After a while, after a while
This too shall pass
After a while
Scars will heal, you’ll love again
It won’t hurt you after a while
It won’t hurt after a while

[Verse 1:]
Stuck between if and when
You pray and tried
But still no end
God’s purpose soon you’ll understand
It won’t hurt you after a while
It won’t hurt you after a while

[Chorus]

[Verse 2:]
So when the pain has come to an end
And now your heart is whole again
Help someone who needs to know
That it won’t hurt them after a while
It won’t hurt them after a while
It wont hurt them after a while

Brandie said...

It was all so beautiful, so much like him. Thank you for being in our lives. I know now, why our paths had crossed five years ago, why we and our kids became friends... You AND Mason are here to teach us about our world, how we should see it and enjoy it. Mason has forever changed our lives. But, you have too. An incredible family you are, Kempfs. We are truly grateful for all the wonderful memories we have of Mason, and of all the amazing memories to come. And, the day the KC Star posts an article on Mason, we somehow get a paper. We don't get it until the weekends, and we get it on a Tuesday, the day an article on the celebration is in it! Mason is sending me a message, keep what he has taught me in my heart, and use it to live my life- through his teachings, through yours. Have a peaceful day my friend. We love you all so very much!

DJ said...

Andria,
What a wonderful celebration from the comments above and your story. Please continue to let us help you and your family if there is ever a need. Keep blogging with us. Mason was very blessed to have you all as a part of his life. His journey touched so many, I am sure you are very proud of your son.

becky lauer said...

Andria and family,
Mason WAS there with you. Your home is never empty...Mason will forever be there with you, Maverick, and Ally. He will never leave you, and you will never be alone. We love you all. So proud of what you have done for him and so pleased that I was able to be there with you. Look for him, he is there. =)

Anonymous said...

Eddie and Family,
Mason was truly an amazing young man and even though I never met him he has made an impact in my life. He will forever live on in your hearts and memories. He will always be by your side. You are an inspiring family and I admire your strength and courage as I admired Masons. Thank You for sharing Mason and your Families journey.
Laurie Turner (Moore)

Jen M. said...

It was a rainy, cloudy day in PA, but the rays of sun boldly pushed through the thick, dark clouds. I couldn't help but think of the brightness and glory of heaven, and what it must be like. It made me think of Mason up there with Jesus, walking the streets of gold. I, unfortunately, only got to know Mason and your family through this blog, but feel privileged that I had the opportunity. I am so very sorry for your loss and can't imagine the whirlwind that this last year has been for you. I am thankful that Jesus remains faithful and gives us hope through His salvation that we will be reunited with loved ones again soon. Still praying that He will comfort and give you peace that only He can provide in the days and months ahead. Blessings to you and your family.