KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Party hats anyone?


Christmas is drawing closer and closer. The love of family and friends continues to overwhelm us. We are so blessed. Tears came easy today; happy and sad. Yes, we have had typical melt downs too; as expected this time year, even more so this year. Maverick realizing that his 3 year old sister is not as cool to tackle and wrestle as his 9 year old brother. Maverick does not complain, but... Why are Mason legs so tired, and jiggly. And why does Mason need helping getting dressed every night and morning? It's cancer that continues to eat at our hearts daily. We celebrated Mason's 9 1/2 birthday. First time we celebrated a half birthday. But Mason's eyes grew big at the realization and he even made his own chocolate cake. Maverick helped with the green frosting and sprinkles. And Ally added the candles, more than 9 of course.
Right before Ally drifted off to sleep, she said," Is Mason's birthday tomorrow too?"" Mom, we forgot party hats, decorations and streamers." The Disney sign pops in my head, "Celebrate Today" and a rock I found inscribed, "One day at a time." I live by words and quotes, it reminds me of the good in life and to be thankful. May positive words surround you each day, and may you live, love and laugh.

This Christmas there is definitely magic in the air; there has always been magic this time of year. I've always loved the gift of giving, the smiles and the laughter. I love being a kid and reminiscing about childhood memories. My first pair of roller skates, a Barbie car, SNOW, and family gatherings. I believe in Santa and always will. I hope the magic of Christmas touches each and everyone this year. Here's to the memories of Christmas long, long ago, the present and to the future. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for teaching us the importance of celebrating TODAY. Sometimes when we tend to dwell on the past and worry about the future that we don't enjoy all the little things abaout today like smiles, hugs, snow, laughter.... All the things that make each day special. Thank you for opening my eyes to all that truly matters in a home. Not how clean it is, but what is inside it- the legos, the kids chasing each other, the cookies we made together. These are the things we remember and cherish. Tell Mason Happy 9 1/2 Birthday from us! His cake looks yummy and fabulous! :)

Kirsten said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Mason! Harper is celebrating today, too! (I know you probably don't know her, she's just a little kid!)

Svetlana said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Mason! I will always remember yours, because you share it with a very special person, my mom. Therefore, on 6/21 you will get a Birthday wish sent your way, thanks to your special mom for letting us into your lives.

Amy said...

Thanks for another wonderful glimpse into your heart and home, Andria. Your heartfelt thoughts of both the good and the bad mean so much. Happy Half Birthday to Mason! We have celebrated 1/2 birthdays at my house for a long time. This year, on the 14th of December was my son Joshua's 1/2 birthday (16 and a half!) I was kind of thinking of not "remembering" this year as it had been a really busy weekend and I wasn't too into it. But, the day before Joshua said "mom, do you remember what tomorrow is?" So, I guess these silly family traditions do mean something to our kids, even a cynical 16 year old! So, I did the half a cake thing, bought a few lottery tickets (no winners, though) and took his picture! I'm glad I did. The photo album would be lacking without that traditional half birthday shot!
I'm still praying for snow. Even the weather forecast gets more promising with each day we get closer to Christmas.

Misic Family said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Mason! I hope all your wishes come true! Andria, thank you for reminding all of us what is truly important at Christmas and all year long. You all are the strongest people I know. I feel truly blessed to be your friend.
Love,
Melissa, Zoran, Aubrey, Zach and Zaylee Misic

Unknown said...

I just found your blog as I was researching pontine gliomas. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Years! I pray that the doctors will find that miracle cure for Mason and for my 4 year old niece. Abby was diagnosed on August 5, 2010. Prayers work miracles!