KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Friday, December 24, 2010


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Thank you to the wonderful 4th graders at Holy Cross for making snowflakes for Mason. They are all beautiful and are a special part of our home; hanging in hopes for really snowflakes. It was a wonderful day yesterday. The kids and I played cards, we love playing "There's a Moose in the house". Ally enjoyed scribbling notes and drawing a green and blue dinosaur. I enjoyed an evening out with two of the most wonderful friends. It is so good to feel the love and observe the goodness of people all around. My heart really feels bigger, and goose bumps keep popping up.

No smiles as I entered the house from my early evening out. Mason was curled up on the couch and reality smacked us in the face again. The next hour he cried, tossing and turning in pain; a headache. It's been so long....and I feel so helpless and hurt. I held him as tight as he would let me, sometimes pushing me away in pain. He fell asleep around 8, no dinner as his appetite decreases daily. Takes me back so long ago, when at dinner, headaches would mysteriously appear and we thought, "May be it's just been a rough a day"

At 5 a.m. this morning Mason whispered, "Mom, I am feeling much better" as he drifted back to sleep.

Dear Santa, I know you can not take cancer away. But maybe, just maybe can you keep pain away on Christmas day? My Christmas wish is simple: love, laughter and smiles for Mason, Maverick and Ally. I HEAR the sleigh bells. I believe. Listen closely, and feel the magic today.
Dreaming of a White Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I hope Mason has a pain free holiday! I too pray headaches stay away as you all have the most magical Christmas ever. I love your snowflakes too and am hoping for an actual Winter Wonderland tomorrow! Merry Christmas Kempfs.

Amy said...

Ditto the above message. My sentiments exactly. I love the way you hung the snowflakes up all over your ceiling! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I wish too for a pain free holiday for Mason and the most incredible Christmas for your family. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Anonymous said...

The big, fluffy snowflakes are coming down and I am thinking of Mason's white Christmas. Prayers for many pain free days are floating up to God as the snowflakes tumble down. Marjorie

Tara said...

I hope Mason is having a good day today! I have been thinking of you guys all day long. Merry Christmas!

Melinda said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family. We have thought of you all day today and pray this Christmas was everything you hoped for and that Mason had the most amazing day with "his snow". :)