KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Saturday, December 18, 2010


Good Morning everyone! The Christmas spirit is here! My heart grew 3 times this year. No, I am not a Grinch, I just feel extra loved this year. We have always loved December. I wondered how different this December might be; but instead of sadness, we have been overwhelmed with kindness and love. Thanks for the added smiles and memories this Christmas!! This week has been wonderful; Mason and I have enjoyed playing games, and we love that Winter Break has started for Maverick. We all can play and laugh!!
I have to admit there are times when my insides get a beating. Sometimes it's something small, like watching Mason sit instead of standing while playing Wii Ski. And last night as the boys were falling asleep; giggles were zapped. As Mason repeated a word over and over again. I tried so hard to understand, but he got more and more frustrated. And then tears, "No one can understand me!!" I finally got him to spell the word and nothing even made sense, all I could feel was pain in my heart. I couldn't breathe. The night before he was awed that I could guess what he was thinking next, where were my super mom powers tonight? It's Saturday morning, one week from now the kids will not have to wake me up; I will be wide awake ready to capture the love and laughter of Christmas morning.

I got out our copy of The Night Before Christmas. It is also a Christmas journal. Mason's first Christmas "12-24-01- "Your daddy and I thought it was the best Christmas, because of You!"

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is to a very Merry Christmas for you all. We love you guys! I wish you endless laughter and smiles this holiday season! Your super mom powers are so amazing Andria, they truly are! You are one of the strongest people I know and your family is the better because of it. I hope this Christmas season is the most magical of all for your family. Miss you and big BIG hugs your way! Love you all!!!

Melinda said...

So glad to hear the Christmas spirit and excitement is all around your house. I know there are such trying moments for everyone, but it will soon be replaced with the giggles and laughter we all love to read about. Tomorrow is a new day - and may it be full of sunshine and happiness. Stay strong......we all love you guys!