Many Links of Mason
- Mason's Legacy Continues December 2011
- Make a Difference for Mason-facebook
- Lights, Stripes, and SNOW-facebook
- Heartland Lions Eye Bank Article
- Brookridge BBQ video-facebook (2010)
- Magic of Christmas-Youtube
- 2010 Summer Memories-Youtube
- Channel 9 News Valentines for Mason
- Channel 41 Valentines for Mason
- Fox 4 News Keeping Mason's Memory Alive
- Dynamite Video - Youtube
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Walk to School Day!
It's International Walk to School Today!
For us, walking to school brings up so many memories. Like the first day of school, August 22, 2006. I asked Mason if he wanted to turn around and go home, after all he has a summer birthday. But he walked ahead, never slowing down.
And then the morning of April 21, 2010 when he tugged at my arm making me stop in my tracks. " I have double vision mom." "Double vision," still echos in my head. How does a kid know what double vision is anyway? It was the beginning of a nightmare, a day I wish I could change. A walk I will forever remember.
Today we walked to school a fall chill in the air. Mason was very quiet; racing ahead not wanting to converse in small talk. Now, I sit and wonder what lies ahead and how Mason never looks back....wanting more out of every day.....