KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time is precious, even to a cicada....

Mason is taking his Chemo (twice daily) Twice daily I feel like a monster, as he cries and his stomach cramps in pain. I feel like I rush through because every second feels like an hour. There is some good news, he gets a week break during our NY vacation!!! No Chemo during that time, I understand why. Because I watch his pain 2x a day as he swallows the pills. Mason has always been compliant when it comes to following directions. Sometimes his persistence in following the rules drives me crazy. So when he fights back it kills me even more. And when he yells at me "Why don't you try it!!" I so wish I could. I am so proud of you Mason!

Cicadas. Mason spotted one this morning hatching from it's shell. Would I have noticed? No, I was weeding, swatting mosquitoes and thinking of the list in my head. But Mason made me stop and watch. I know it's just an insect. My point of the story is Mason had me stop at the cicada's transformation. Think about it, it's a major deal to the cicada-wings! And with only a short time to enjoy those wings. It's those little things that we go through our day and don't even notice. Lately I have been feeling like a giant sloth, and then the minute I start racing around like the Energizer bunny I lose track of what is really important. Thank you Mason I enjoyed watching the cicada. You teach me something everyday.

"Don't dream your life, live your dream"

"If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got."
Lee Iacocca

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, Andria. You and Eddie inspire me. Your entire family does.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andria ~ I stopped by CVS to check out that swallowing spray. Here is the web site: www.pillglide.com
The site lists the ingredients. It would be so awesome if Mason could use it and it made a difference. It only costs $5.99.
I'm thinking about you all the time and admiring your strength.
Love, Rhonda

redrogers said...

Andria,

You remind me of one of my favorite quotes:

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
~Annie Dillard~

It's the balance between reaching the goals we set, and seeing the world around us. You are doing such a good job.

Semie

Unknown said...

Andria, you and Mason are teaching us all something new everyday - not to give up, keep strong and hold on to your faith. And most importantly, you are teaching us all that we need to enjoy these moments like smiles, cicadas, banana splits and splashes. You both are the strongest people I know and I am so very proud of you both. Hang in there and know what a great parent you are to your children.

Anonymous said...

It's those Cicada moments you'll always remember. Live in the moment