Mason was told he could go to school and resume normal activity, but the steroid medication has caused extreme tiredness and mood changes. He also has just dropped his head unexpectedly, fallen, and walks very drowsy. A couple times we've wondered if he lost conscious. He seems to be in a state of confusion at times, or just extremely drowsy. We were told drugs could do this but are also scared of his condition. He wakes up and requests to do something and then eyes roll and shut.
He knows he has a cancerous tumor so he has begun the questioning. We remain positive of the upcoming radiation and chemo treatments to shrink the tumor. We've been told it lasts 6 weeks (Monday thru Friday) This evening he was alert and we had a great dinner and some laughs. It's amazing how quickly this came upon us. We did notice the week before how incredibly difficult it was for him roller skating. Now we cherish every laugh and every smile and try not to show the excruciation pain inside our hearts. Please pray for our Mason. He is the sweetest most loving son and we are the luckiest mom and dad.
Our first appointment is Thursday, we will be told more details of treatment at the KC Cancer Center in Overland Park.
Many Links of Mason
- Mason's Legacy Continues December 2011
- Make a Difference for Mason-facebook
- Lights, Stripes, and SNOW-facebook
- Heartland Lions Eye Bank Article
- Brookridge BBQ video-facebook (2010)
- Magic of Christmas-Youtube
- 2010 Summer Memories-Youtube
- Channel 9 News Valentines for Mason
- Channel 41 Valentines for Mason
- Fox 4 News Keeping Mason's Memory Alive
- Dynamite Video - Youtube