KC Zoo Tiger Donation

To help fulfill Mason's dream and help the Tigers:
KC Zoo Attn Laura Berger "In Memory of Mason Kempf" 6800 Zoo Dr Kansas City, MO 64132

For the beauty of Snow and Magic on Christmas :
Elves of Christmas Present PO Box 3535
Olathe, KS 66063

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Making soup...


Here's a picture from 2005, a memory of Mud soup... a memory to add to our tear drop soup...

So last night, Maverick and I discovered a book titled, Tear Soup. Now for some reason we never read this book, it arrived as a gift in April. It was shelved, somewhat like our feelings. Sounds silly, but at the time I could not get past the title. So last night, I read page by page and it perfectly described the grieving process. It was actually as if time stood still as we read the pages. Maverick did not say a word. We are still making our tear drop soup; in different ways of course. So thankful to have read the book as it helped us so much, and to me was read at the perfect time. I loved how it states, it is o.k. to share your soup with strangers. It immediately made me think of the blog.

We are headed to the library today; here are some other books recommended.

The Secret of the Dragonfly by Gayle Shaw Cramer
When a Dinosaur Dies by Laurie Krasny Brown
Another book, I even have read to Mason and Maverick was, Freddie the Leaf by Leo Buscalgia

to catch a fallen leaf...

2 comments:

Brandie said...

We are here to share your soup any time you want us too. Love you guys so much. Hoping today finds peace and comfort for you all, in the little things that you cherish most. In those little things you have taught us all to cherish most. I know I can't take the pain or hurt away, but please know I am here whenever you need to talk or even just to listen. Hugs I am sending your way!!!!! Love you all!
Brandie

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and heart-wrenching to read, Andria. It warms me to picture you and Maverick sharing feelings, doesn't matter if they are spoken or 'felt' as you sit side by side with a book that touches you both.
And! I'm always amazed at how you are able to find the perfect Mason photo to go with your blog. :-)
Happy you continue to blog! Rhonda